Sunday, December 7, 2008

Griffiths Family Christmas Party

The Griffiths family Christmas party is always a highlight of the year. This year was no exception. We had it at Floyd and Alison's home in Cove. There was yummy food, the traditional "program", a fun white elephant gift exchange, and a visit from the man from up North, yes, Santa Clause (aka Uncle Dave- if his figure doesn't fit the mold he is the farthest North in attendance). We are starting on the next generation (the great grandchildren) for the program and it is a little rocky, a lot of them are still kind of young to get the idea of performing. But we had a great showing- Floyd and Coleman did a great guitar/singing number, Katey played the piano, Caleb and Noni sang, and Candace and Jared read us a story. I think I missed the rest as I was helping Santa. If I counted right there were 43 there- Grandma & Grandpa, the 4 siblings and their spouses, 19 grandchildren (including spouses), and 14 great grandchildren. I think the sad part is that so many of the grandkids live out of the area and are not able to come. We miss you all!
Thank you to all who brought food or helped in anyway. Especially thank you to Grandma and Grandpa for being the reason we all get together and for the cards and treat bags (I believe with the help of Christine). Hope to see you all again next year and maybe even more of you!
I panicked that I missed one of the kids sitting on Santa's lap, I counted 14 greats there and only had 13 pictures, then I realized Jackson was over 12. We really should have had him and Jed sitting on Santa's lap too! I also missed a picture of Candace with Santa getting the bag for her "angel". Sorry!

Ander Branch- Andrew and Denae
Stockton Carlson- Mindy and Garry
Ellie Carlson- Mindy and GarryTanner Branch- Nathan and AngieLogan Carlson (the only one to try to pull off Santa's beard)Annie Griffiths- Floyd and KatieLeanor Tingey- AprilCaleb Tingey- AprilCassie Branch
(the one with the attitude)- Nathan and AngieKatey Hinck- Julie and Klay
Coleman Griffiths- Floyd and KatieJake Alles- Mandy and T.J. Ryan Hinck- Julie and Klay

5 comments:

Julie said...

You bet! Coleman, then Jake, then Ryan. Thanks for all. It was really nice!

Grandma B said...

Thanks Julie!

ABranch said...

cracking up about the "one with the attitude" comment. Even Casi thinks its funny.:)

Grandma B said...

Im glad she does! I kind of got that impression or I wouldnt have put it.

Rebecca Seipert said...

Wow mom... you have sure been blogging! I am so proud! Wanna do mine now?